Manual browser: eso(4)
|ESO(4)||Kernel Interfaces Manual||ESO(4)|
NAMEeso — ESS Technology Solo-1 PCI AudioDrive audio device driver
SYNOPSISeso* at pci? dev ? function ?
audio* at audiobus?
joy* at eso?
mpu* at eso?
opl* at eso?
DESCRIPTIONThe eso device driver supports sound cards based on ESS Technology Solo-1 PCI AudioDrive chips (ES1938 and ES1946), e.g. the TerraTec 128i PCI card.
- eso0: can't map Audio 1 DMA into I/O space
- PCI autoconfiguration did not map the first audio channel DMA controller into I/O space at a suitable address, and the driver was not able map it by itself. In that case only playback functionality will be available.
- eso0: reset timeout
- The device failed to acknowledge being reset.
- eso0: RDR timeout
- The driver timed out reading data from a controller register.
- eso0: WDR timeout
- The driver timed out waiting to send a command or writing to a controller register.
HISTORYThe eso device driver appeared in NetBSD 1.5. The on-board gameport was first supported in NetBSD 1.6.
|June 22, 2005||NetBSD 7.0|