Manual browser: pcn(4)
|PCN(4)||Kernel Interfaces Manual||PCN(4)|
NAMEpcn — AMD PCnet-PCI Ethernet family driver
SYNOPSISpcn* at pci? dev ? function ?
Configuration of PHYs may also be necessary. See mii(4).
DESCRIPTIONThe pcn device driver supports Ethernet interfaces based on the AMD PCnet-PCI family of Ethernet chips. The chips supported by the pcn driver include:
- Am79c970 PCnet-PCI Single-Chip Ethernet Controller for PCI Local Bus
- Am79c970A PCnet-PCI II Single-Chip Full-Duplex Ethernet Controller for PCI Local Bus
- Am79c971 PCnet-FAST Single-Chip Full-Duplex 10/100Mbps Ethernet Controller for PCI Local Bus
- Am79c972 PCnet-FAST+ Enhanced 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet Controller with OnNow Support
- Am79c973/Am79c975 PCnet-FAST III Single-Chip 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet Controller with Integrated PHY
PCnet-PCI chips are found on some Hewlett-Packard PCI Ethernet boards, and on the Allied Telesyn AT-2700TX PCI Ethernet board. They are also found on some processor evaluation boards as an example peripheral.
The pcn driver also supports the emulated PCnet-PCI interface provided by VMware.
HISTORYThe pcn driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6.
AUTHORSThe pcn driver was written by <email@example.com>.
|August 27, 2001||NetBSD 7.0|