Manual browser: tl(4)
|TL(4)||Kernel Interfaces Manual||TL(4)|
NAMEtl — Ethernet driver for Texas Instruments ThunderLAN based board
SYNOPSIStl* at pci? dev ? function ?
Configuration of PHYs is necessary. See mii(4).
DESCRIPTIONThe tl device driver supports network adapters based on the Texas Instruments ThunderLAN chip.
HARDWARESupported cards include:
- Compaq Netelligent
- in baseboard and PCI variants (10BASE-T-only variant untested).
- Compaq NetFlex 3/P
- in baseboard variant only (the PCI variant doesn't use the same chip!).
- It Baseboard Compaq Deskpro 4000 5233MMX Ethernet
- (This has been tested on the Deskpro 4000M only).
- TI TravelMate 5000 series laptop docking station's Ethernet board.
MEDIA SELECTIONThe different models of the supported boards come with some subset of RJ-45, BNC and AUI connectors. Media selection is done using ifconfig(8) using the standard ifmedia(4) mechanism. Refer to those manual pages for more information.
The tl driver doesn't have full automatic media selection. By default it will do an Nway (IEEE 802.3u) negotiation on the 10BASE-T port for the speed and duplex mode with the link partner. If the AUI or BNC port is used, an explicit media type must be specified to ifconfig(8).
SEE ALSOifmedia(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8)
BUGSThe board marked as untested will always claim having an AUI connector, where it may be a BNC one.
|May 16, 2009||NetBSD 7.0|