Manual browser: showq(8)
|SHOWQ(8)||System Manager's Manual||SHOWQ(8)|
NAMEshowq - list the Postfix mail queue
showq [generic Postfix daemon options]
The showq(8) daemon reports the Postfix mail queue status. It is the program that emulates the sendmail `mailq' command.
The showq(8) daemon can run in a chroot jail at fixed low privilege, and takes no input from the client. Its service port is accessible to local untrusted users, so the service can be susceptible to denial of service attacks.
None. The showq(8) daemon does not interact with the outside world.
Problems and transactions are logged to syslogd(8).
Changes to main.cf are picked up automatically as showq(8) processes run for only a limited amount of time. Use the command " postfix reload" to speed up a change.
- config_directory (see 'postconf -d' output)
- The default location of the Postfix main.cf and master.cf configuration files.
- daemon_timeout (18000s)
- How much time a Postfix daemon process may take to handle a request before it is terminated by a built-in watchdog timer.
- duplicate_filter_limit (1000)
- The maximal number of addresses remembered by the address duplicate filter for aliases(5) or virtual(5) alias expansion, or for showq(8) queue displays.
- empty_address_recipient (MAILER-DAEMON)
- The recipient of mail addressed to the null address.
- ipc_timeout (3600s)
- The time limit for sending or receiving information over an internal communication channel.
- max_idle (100s)
- The maximum amount of time that an idle Postfix daemon process waits for an incoming connection before terminating voluntarily.
- max_use (100)
- The maximal number of incoming connections that a Postfix daemon process will service before terminating voluntarily.
- process_id (read-only)
- The process ID of a Postfix command or daemon process.
- process_name (read-only)
- The process name of a Postfix command or daemon process.
- queue_directory (see 'postconf -d' output)
- The location of the Postfix top-level queue directory.
- syslog_facility (mail)
- The syslog facility of Postfix logging.
- syslog_name (see 'postconf -d' output)
- The mail system name that is prepended to the process name in syslog records, so that "smtpd" becomes, for example, "postfix/smtpd".
Available in Postfix version 2.9 and later:
- enable_long_queue_ids (no)
- Enable long, non-repeating, queue IDs (queue file names).
/var/spool/postfix, queue directories
pickup(8), local mail pickup service
cleanup(8), canonicalize and enqueue mail
qmgr(8), queue manager
postconf(5), configuration parameters
master(8), process manager
syslogd(8), system logging
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software.
IBM T.J. Watson Research
P.O. Box 704
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA